Ballroom G18 is located in the crossing of Bulevardi and Yrjönkatu. The building is New renaissance styled, and was built in 1884. It was designed by Sebastian Gripenberg and originally it was a girl school.
Now a days the building is owned by Svenska Folkskolans Vänner. The building was restored in 2005. The old classrooms are nowadays used as offices for mostly swedish speaking organizations.
Ballroom of Finnish girl school in 1910. Picture: Helsinki sity museum, Eric Sundström
Kirkkopuisto's girl schools 4th grade studets sitting in class in 1916. Picture: Helsinki city museum